Sunday, October 12, 2008

An Eagle, Two Wasps, a Honey Bee and a Fly

.




I bought myself a Nikon D60 as a birthday present. (This was the day before the markets collapsed, probably a good thing.) I'm experimenting with various ways of sharing the photos, hence the two different slide show formats. The eagle sides don't fit on the format of this page for now, but I'll ask a friendly expert (Liza! Help!) how to fix that; I don't want to make them smaller, obviously.

The header photo - bit of irony, I suppose, considering the title - is the view the eagles have from their nest. I've been wanting to take this shot for years, and finally can.

Feel welcome to visit my Picasa gallery if you want to see larger images.



This eagle is one of a nesting pair at Jericho Beach.






And here are some of my backyard friends, hangin' out in the blackberries.








.

2 comments:

Lisa Nickerson said...

Great eagle photos Anne. And I adore the top photo especially. I wonder if you shouldn't find a way to incorporate that into the slide show somehow.

You do live in Paradise.

Keep posting.

xo

BG Dodson said...

Yay!!!!!

Sweet camera...and a heckuva birthday present.

-Bob