Sunday, November 05, 2006

Ezra Pound in Venice


.


In a recent visit to Venice, I went on a quest to find the places Ezra Pound once lived. The next few posts will be of photos I took there.

My information about his domiciles came from http://www.venice-art-tours.com/Unusual.htm

The search for the locales took me off the tourist trail and gave me a sense of having a piece of Venice to myself, shared only with a few locals eating lunch on the nearby squares. This delight I owe to the poet known as Lute, who wanted a picture of Pound's home. These photos are for him in particular.

Pound, according to my information, first lived in Venice in 1907, in this apartment on the Rio S. Trovaso. His was the top right window in the three-storey building in the center of this photo, next to the walled garden.

He mentions the view in Canto LXXVI.

More to come.


.

No comments: