Monday, September 25, 2023

Mostly Arrived

Fri Sept 22, 2023

Travel across time zones is weird. I have no idea how long it took to get from my door on Pender Island to Ezra and Katharina’s door in Berlin. I know it was a long time. I can’t tell if I’m jetlagged or sleep-deprived, and maybe the two are the same thing, anyhow. Indoors, I’m a fuzzy mess. Outdoors, in sunshine, I don’t notice.

Other than late planes and missing luggage, the trip was okay. Being small is helpful on planes. I always have plenty of leg room, leg room to spare in fact. What would be nice is more push-back on the seats, but the (probably) bigger person behind me is already suffering, I know that.

I didn’t really need to check my bag, but despite it now being missing, I don’t think I would have made my flight between Munich and Berlin if I’d had to sprint with it. As it is, I barely did, due to an hour delay departing from Vancouver. I brought the essentials, mostly, in my little backpack, but lesson learned: take a toothbrush in addition to the extra underwear. It’s okay, Lufthansa will reimburse me for a new toothbrush. Wow. 



No comments: